Teaching, learning, and support
At Trinity, you will learn through a combination of
- Classroom lectures (through term time and block weeks)
- Smaller seminars or discussion groups
- School of Leadership lectures and discussions
- Your own time spent reading, studying, and in the completion of required tasks
- Experiential learning through church placements
- Experiential learning through community placements
- Interaction with tutors and fellow students through pastoral groups and in other settings
- Outside speakers invited to college to preach, teach, and participate in special events and workshops.
Student Feedback Processes
We greatly value feedback from the student body, and various mechanisms are in place to analyse the quality and delivery of the modules offered at all levels. All students complete an online questionnaire at the end of each module; students may also make any comments on individual modules directly to the member of the Student Executive responsible for Learning. We also ask for student feedback on the programme as a whole at the end of each year.
Extra Support and Help
To enable all students to reach their potential, we provide learning support throughout your time at Trinity. All students on undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes are allocated a pastoral group tutor who is available to give support and advice if needed, in addition to weekly tutor group meetings. We also have three chaplains on staff, who are available to be a listening ear and to pray with you about any needs or concerns.
Some of our students have been out of education for a number of years, or have not studied at degree level before. All undergraduate students attend study skills sessions at the start of their programme, and further one-to-one support is also available.
Students who have been assessed as having specific learning or other needs may access further support if this is needed. Read more about our learning and disability support here.
Return to Diploma page >
Return to BA page >
Return to Graduate Diploma page >
Return to Postgraduate Diploma page >
Return to MA page >