Job Vacancy: Executive Assistant & Safeguarding Co-ordinator
Trinity College is looking for someone to join our staff as an Executive Assistant to the Executive Director & Safeguarding Co-ordinator.
Relevant documentation can be found below, including details of the role and person specification and an application form.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this opportunity further, please contact Sophie Davis via the email address below or call 01179 680 233.
Applications should be submitted to Alison Branston (Operations Manager) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: EA to the Executive Director & Safeguarding Co-ordinator
Responsible to: Executive Director
The EA assists the Executive Director in areas of leadership responsibility relating to governance, compliance, personnel, safeguarding, and policy oversight, as well as fundraising, which is an area in which the college is building its capacity on the staff team with the imminent appointment of a fundraising specialist. In some areas the EA takes more of a lead responsibility than in others, as discussed and agreed with the ED.
- £26,000+ (negotiable).
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Free lunches and parking.
- Beautiful and spacious working environment.
- Executive Director as activity manager.
- Operations Manager as line manager.
- Staff and students as they relate to the various roles within the Executive Director’s office.
- Trustees and committee members.
- Arranging and helping prepare for various leadership meetings, including the College Council and sub-committees, the staff leadership team, and the faculty meeting.
- Taking minutes of certain meetings.
- Managing periodic Council elections.
- Ensuring processes relating to College Trust responsibilities are followed.
- Maintaining personnel records.
- Arranging the appointments process for new staff.
- Managing the induction process for new staff.
- Liaising with the finance team regarding staff and remuneration changes.
- Maintaining sickness and holiday records.
- Co-ordinating periodic staff appraisals.
- Liaising as necessary with the college’s employment law advisor.
- Helping keep the employee handbook up-to-date.
- Monitoring communications from the Office for Students and related agencies, and supporting the Executive Director in the college’s adherence to the conditions of the Office for Students as sector regulator.
- Arranging for annual returns to be made on time (including to Charity Commission, Companies House, Office for Students, Ministry Division, and Common Awards).
- Assisting, as needed, with the co-ordination of other compliance reporting requirements.
- Operating the UKVI sponsorship management system to enable allocation of sponsorship certificates for international students and making application for the annual UKVI licence.
- Maintaining up-to-date schedule of college policies.
- Assisting in the drafting of new policies, as needed.
Alumni and Fundraising
- Providing administrative help to the ED and fundraising officer for funding applications and the development of a donor database.
- Serving as membership secretary to the college alumni.
- Providing administrative support in the development of the alumni association.
- Assisting the ED with managing diary commitments, emails, telephone calls, post, etc.
- Providing back-up IT technical support to colleagues (when staff IT lead is unavailable).
- Maintaining the safeguarding log.
- Arranging safeguarding training for safeguarding leads and other staff.
- Co-ordinating safeguarding training for students.
- Administering checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Administrative experience – essential.
- Safeguarding administrative experience – desirable (training will be provided).
- Experience of HR management and administration – highly desirable.
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Advance planning.
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good diary management.
- Record keeping.
- IT knowledge and skills, specifically regarding Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong resonance with the college’s mission and vision.
- Systematic and well-organised.
- Adaptable with the ability to juggle priorities to meet deadlines.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Able to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Confidential and discreet.
- EA – Covering Letter
- EA – Job Description (Mar 2022)
- EA – Terms & Conditions (Mar 2022)
- EA – Application Form (Mar 2022)