Job Vacancy: Comms & Fundraising Manager
Trinity College is looking for someone to join our staff as a Communications & Fundraising Manager.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this opportunity further, please contact Andrew via the email address below or call 0117 968 2803.
Applications should be submitted to Alison Branston (Operations Manager) before 9:00am on Wednesday 11th May 2022 via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be scheduled shortly after this date; please indicate your availability when applying.
Job Title: Communications and Fundraising Manager
The role is responsible for coordinating and delivering effective communication and promotion of Trinity’s vision and educational programmes and building the college’s capacity to raise funds from a range of donors – individuals, trusts, and institutions. As well as utilising our current publicity resources to maximum effect, the role requires creativity in continuously improving ways of engaging students and prospective students as well as other key stakeholders, including actual and potential funders.
The fundraising aspect of the role is new to the college and is an exciting opportunity for someone to help shape our fundraising strategy and practices.
- £32,000+ (negotiable)
- Full-time (with flexibility)
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free lunches and parking
- Beautiful and spacious working environment
Main working relationships
- Executive director – for line management
- Principal – for ongoing reporting, guidance, and supervision
- Operations manager – in relation to college events and activities
- Admissions officer – in relation to prospective students
- EA to Executive director – for administrative support and alumni relations
- Finance manager – for budget management
- Managing Trinity’s visual identity to ensure that messaging is clear and follows brand guidelines.
- Generating and executing a content strategy across social media, websites and newsletters (print and digital) that will engage followers and continue the organic growth of Trinity’s community.
- Coordinating the development of promotional materials with external suppliers including our prospectus, promotional videos, and merchandise.
- Coordinating publicity for college events, including Open Days.
- Coordinating advertising campaigns on digital and print platforms.
- Providing support to faculty and staff as they promote the college and work to recruit new students, including Trinity’s presence at Christian conferences.
- Using measurement tools as appropriate to evaluate and continually improve communications efforts.
- Liaising with and responding to media outlets as needed to respond to media enquiries.
- Contributing to and helping shape the development of our fundraising strategy.
- Developing the college’s relationship with its alumni.
- Building a pipeline of ongoing giving to the college.
- Coordinating the relationship with specialist fundraising consultants for specific projects.
- Maintaining and managing donor data and communications.
- Providing support to faculty and staff as they promote the college.
- Coordinating the writing of bids for grant and trust applications.
Experience and skills
- Creative & strategic
- Multimedia / cross platform communications and fundraising experience
- Proven experience of using social and/or digital media for organisational growth
- Experience of scoping, managing, and delivering effective communications campaigns
- Good planning, time-management, copywriting, proofreading skills
- Networking skills and ability to work across teams to deliver successful projects
- Experience in market research
- Understanding of basic graphic design with experience in using applications such as Photoshop, Canva or similar.
- Experience in website content management systems such as WordPress/Drupal
- Experience in social media management software such as Later.com/Hootsuite
- Understanding search engine optimisation
- Experience in basic photography for social media and wider use
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of fundraising products developed for different audiences
- Experience of brand development
- Experience of supporter/alumni relationship management
- Comms & Fundraising – Letter (Apr 22)
- Comms & Fundraising – Job Description (Apr 22)
- Comms & Fundraising – Application Form (Apr 22)